Color postcard of the old Central Library, taken from the south corner (facing north -- front of library faced southwest) sometime in the 1940's-1960's, with cars lining the street. Address is 22 S.E. 5th Street, 47708. Art deco style, designed by Walker & Weeks, built of limestone, brick, aluminum and iron in 1931. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. In September of 2004, a new 145,000 square foot (four times the size of the former) Central Library opened at the corner of Walnut & Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. The Old Central Library now houses the Koch Family Children's Museum of Evansville, or CMOE, which opened in September 2006.