Postcard of the Administration Building, with another building behind it to the right, and some smaller individual wigwam-type buildings behind it at the Tuberculosis Sanitarium, located on Boehne Camp Road on Evansville's west side. Type at bottom of picture reads, "5338 - Tuberculosis Sanitarium, Evansville, Ind." Founded in 1908 by mayor John W. Boehne, Sr., it was originally known as the Boehne Tuberculosis Farm. Initially, patients' housing consisted of impermanent "wigwams." By 1913 the first of the hospital's permanent buildings were erected, with the majority being built during the 1930s. The 1936 Administration building shown in the picture was designed by architect Harry E. Boyle in the colonial revival style, and the building was constructed with Public Works Administration funds. In addition to offices, an auditorium, kitchen, laundry and dormitories for employees were also found in the building. The last tuberculosis patient left Boehne Camp Hospital in 1968, and the administration building was used at various times as a convalescent center and a home for recovering alcoholics, and it and the grounds were considered for other uses including a residential care center for elderly, a sheriff's youth ranch, a dormitory for students at nearby University of Southern Indiana, and apartment housing. In 2007, Scott Anderson, a former Downtown developer and entrepreneur, and his wife Rene, bought five acres of land and the old administration building for $175,000 from the Arendell Family Trust. Anderson planned to renovate the former administration building into six luxury apartments, the old auditorium as a catering facility serving receptions, business meetings, and other events, and install a commercial kitchen in the building. Anderson had the exterior of the building renovated and installed new windows, shutters and a new roof. However, as of January 2009, the project had not yet been completed.