B&w drawing of the Memorial Coliseum Building in Evansville, with many people standing out front in the street and moving up the steps. Type below drawing reads: "The Memorial Coliseum Building: The Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Coliseum, built in memory of the soldiers and sailors of the Civil War. Located at the end of Fourth Street at the junction of Division, First and Second Avenues. Unlike most down-town structures it occupies an entire plot with frontage on three streets. All of the exterior walls will remain untouched by other structures. This is the only public building in the city of classic design." The Coliseum was built in 1916-1917 at a cost of $180,000, exclusive of ground, and dedicated April 18, 1917. Architect was Shopbell & Company. Length is 200 feet by 200 feet, and it has a Neoclassical Grecian portico facade. Seating capacity is 3500. In 1919 funds were raised and a large pipe organ was purchased and installed. Current address is 350 Court Street, across from the Court House, and it is bordered by Northwest 4th Street (and Northwest 5th Street before Northwest 4th Street splits off), Market Street, and Ingle Street. It has been maintained by the Vanderburgh County Veterans Council since 1971 and serves as quarters for the patriotic societies of Vanderburgh County. The Coliseum is still in use as a recreational and meeting venue.