B&w drawing of a cityscape of part of downtown Evansville showing several buildings as seen from a distance. Caption below reads: "Bird's-eye view of court house. The tower in the foreground is that of the Holy Trinity Catholic Church, located at Third and Vine Streets. This is considered the best example of Gothic architecture in Evansville. Immediately in the rear is the tower of the Vanderburgh County Court House and to the left the Furniture Exchange, an exhibition and office building." The courthouse (201 NW 4th Street) was erected in the Beaux Arts style in 1890 to replace a smaller courthouse, and served as government offices until 1969, when the government moved into the larger new Civic Center. The architect was Henry Wolters, and the builders were Charles Pearce, Adam Smith, and Thomas Morgan. Holy Trinity Catholic Church (originally 12-16 Upper 3rd Street, now 219 NW 3rd Street) was completed in 1851, but was destroyed by fire after a lightning strike in 1950, and afterwards was rebuilt in a different style. The Furniture Exchange, also called the Furniture Building was erected in 1909 at the east corner of 4th Street and Vine Street (123-125 NW 4th Street) in yellow buff brick in the Neoclassical style, and contained 60,000 square feet of display space for 31 exhibitors. The architect was Harris & Shopbell. In 1940 the name was changed to Court Building it currently serves as office space.