A photograph of Chandler School, Evansville, Ind. located on Chandler Ave., between Evans Ave. and Willard Ave. (S. Bedford Ave.), near Bayard Park. Considered to be one of the most beautiful schools in the city. Contains low double doors in a large arched entrance. Completed in 1901, Chandler Avenue School was located at the North end of Bayard Woods. In 1915 an addition was added to the School and the School was renamed Stanley Hall School, after G. Stanley Hall (1844-1924), an American psychologist and educator. In 1972 the school was closed and razed except for the gym. The remaining portion of the building then housed Stanley Hall Enrichment Center, an alternative education program for high school students, and the School of Academic and Career Development. In June 2008, the school board settled on the future of the former Stanley Hall school building on South Evans Avenue, selling it for $1 to Boom Squad Inc., a youth drumline which helps youths with academics and self-esteem and strengthening families.